Fall Protection Awareness
This course is aimed at Safety Technicians and Safety Managers, who should plan safe procedures for any work task at height.
After completing the course, participants will have acquired the following knowledge:
• Understanding of current national and European legislation for working at heights.
• Recognizing the hazards when working at height.
• Understanding basic concepts such as Work/Travel Restraint, Fall Arrest, Work Positioning, main and backup safety point, SWL - WLL - SF, etc.
• Knowledge about systems and fall arrest devices, lanyards, energy absorbers, anchor points, and mobile anchor devices.
• Selection, user inspection, fitting, and adjustment of the PFPE. The hazards and risks associated with the incorrect use of PFPE.
• Calculation of the potential fall distance.
• Safe use of ladders, MEWPS, and scaffolds.
• Safe use of permanent and temporary lifelines, vertical or horizontal, and self-retracting lifelines.
• Reference to Suspension Trauma and first aid protocols and the procedures to be followed.
• Risk Assessment for WaH, JSAs, SIs, Fall Protection Plan, Rescue-Evacuation Plan.
The course aims to give participants the necessary theoretical knowledge of the hazards and risks associated with working at heights. The protection measures must be taken, selection and use of appropriate PFPEs in each case scenario, and the design of an effective fall protection plan and rescue plan from the height.
Participants would have completed a theoretical test in order to obtain their certificate. (Valid for 3 years).