Mast & Tower Technician
This course is designed for technicians who will have to climb towers and masts but also to install components and equipment at height using lifting operations.
• 18 years old.
• Medically healthy and fit.
• First Aid at Work course.
Duration: 3 days (~24 hrs)
Participants will acquire knowledge and skills in the following:
• Understanding of current national and European legislation for working at heights.
• Recognizing the hazards when working at height.
• Understanding basic concepts such as Work/Travel Restraint, Fall Arrest, Work Positioning, main and backup safety point, SWL - WLL - SF, etc.
• Knowledge about systems and fall arrest devices, lanyards, energy absorbers, anchor points, and mobile anchor devices.
• Pre-use inspection, fitting, and adjustment of the PFPE. The hazards and risks associated with the incorrect use of PFPE.
• Calculation of the potential fall distance.
• Safe use of fixed ladders, permanent and temporary lifelines, and self-retracting lifelines.
• Basic knowledge about rope rigging and mechanical advantage using pulley systems.
• Lifting operations using ropes and pulleys.
• Reference to Suspension Trauma and first aid protocols and the procedures to be followed.
• Rescue and Evacuation procedures from masts and towers using ropes and typical rescue kits.
After completing the course, participants will be able to move and work safely on masts, towers, and metal trusses. Will be able to use the proper knots for rope rigging and anchor systems, safely lift parts and equipment with pulley systems and perform a rescue at height using ropes, standard pick-off rescue kit, or rescue hub devices.
Participants would have completed a theoretical test and a practical assessment to obtain their certificate. (Valid for 3 years).