Basic Rope Rigging
Suitable for technicians who want to enrich their abilities with the safe use of ropes and knots, as well as to learn the basic uses of pulley systems.
Entry Requirements: N/A
Duration: 1 day (8 hrs)
Participants will acquire knowledge and skills in the following:
• Understanding basic rules about SWL - WLL - SF, etc.
• Selection of suitable anchorage points, anchorage types, calculation of the forces in the anchors based on the bending angle, calculation of the forces on the deviation anchors.
• Use of temporary anchor points and mobile anchor systems.
• Basic knowledge about mechanical advantage using pulley systems.
• Simple and complex pulley systems, calculation of the mechanical advantage.
• Lifting operations using ropes and pulleys, Guidelines, and Taglines.
• Calculation of forces on Rescue systems.
After completing the course, participants will be able to use the proper knots for rope rigging and anchor systems, safely lift parts and equipment with pulley systems, and able to calculate the forces on Rescue systems.
Participants would have completed a theoretical test to obtain their certificate. (Valid for 3 years).