Work at Height Basic Training
This course is aimed at those who will work in places where access and work include the risk of falling from a height.
• 18 years old.
• Medically healthy and fit.
Duration: 1 day (~8 hrs)
After completing the course, participants will have acquired the basic knowledge and skills for the following:
• Understanding of current national and European legislation for working at heights.
• Recognizing the hazards when working at height.
• Understanding basic concepts such as Work/Travel Restraint, Fall Arrest, Work Positioning, main and backup safety point, SWL - WLL - SF, etc.
• Knowledge about systems and fall arrest devices, lanyards, energy absorbers, anchor points and mobile anchor devices.
• Pre-use inspection, fitting and adjustment of the PFPE. The hazards and risks associated with incorrect use of PFPE.
• Calculation of the potential fall distance.
• Safe use of ladders, MEWPS and scaffolds.
• Safe use of permanent and temporary lifelines, vertical or horizontal and self-retracting lifelines.
• Reference to Suspension Trauma and first aid protocols and the procedures to be followed.
• Rescue and Evacuation procedures using basic rescue kits and automatic descent devices.
The lesson delivers the necessary theoretical knowledge and practical skills to enable participants to understand the hazards and risks associated with incorrect use of PFPE. They will be able to choose and use the right PFPE in each work task at height as well as to understand when a working method is safe. Also, they will be able to perform a rescue from heights using a typical rescue kit.
Participants would have completed a theoretical test in order to obtain their certificate. (Valid for 3 years).