Based on the GWO Guidelines, this training program is suitable for technicians working on wind turbines using the installed access systems.
• 18 years old.
• Medically healthy and fit.
• First Aid at Work course.
Duration: 2 days (~16 hrs)
After completing the course, participants will have acquired the following knowledge:
• Understanding of current national and European legislation for working at heights.
• Recognizing the hazards when working at height.
• Understanding basic concepts such as Work/Travel Restraint, Fall Arrest, Work Positioning, main and backup safety point, SWL - WLL - SF, etc.
• Knowledge about systems and fall arrest devices, lanyards, energy absorbers, anchor points and mobile anchor devices.
• Pre-use inspection, fitting and adjustment of the PFPE. The hazards and risks associated with incorrect use of PFPE.
• Calculation of the potential fall distance.
• Safe use of fixed ladders and permanent fall protection systems such as cable lock/rail lock.
• Reference to Suspension Trauma and emergency procedures of the wind farm to be followed.
• Rescue and Evacuation procedures from all rescue zones of the wind turbine using the rescue equipment of the WTG.
After completing the course, participants will be able to access and work safely in every possible work position inside and outside the nacelle, the tower, and the hub. They will also be able to implement rescue and evacuation procedures from all WTG rescue zones.
Participants would have completed a theoretical test and a practical assessment in order to obtain their certificate. (Valid for 2 years).