This course is aimed at people who need to work at height using MEWPs (mobile elevating work platforms).
• 18 years old.
• Medically healthy and fit.
Duration: 4 hrs
The course is designed to give participants the basic knowledge in a short time for objects such as:
• Understanding of current national and European legislation for working at heights.
• Recognizing the hazards when working at height.
• Understanding the differences between work restraint, fall arrest and work positioning.
• Pre-use inspection, correct fitting and adjustment of the full body harness. The hazards and risks associated with incorrect use of PFPE.
• Calculation of the potential fall distance.
• Height Evacuation Plan and use of auto descent devices.
It is a legal requirement to provide training to persons who are going to use within personal fall protection equipment. After this 4-hour course, the participants will have the minimum knowledge to use this equipment safely.
Participants would have completed a theoretical test in order to obtain their certificate. (Valid for 3 years).